NOTE: Do not change your nameservers or cancel your old hosting account yet!
Order our website transfer service for just €99.99 and one of our technicians will transfer your entire website to the new hosting plan - order the website transfer service here
or do it yourself by following the instructions below:
Now with your website safely moved to our system you can also transfer your domain name.
- First you should order your new web hosting account with us. Click here to sign up for a Website Hosting Plan . After your payment is processed you will receive your account details by email. Including your usernames and passwords that allow you to access your hosting account management.
- You can access your new account using the server's IP address which is provided in your setup email. You can then upload your website files using FTP or other site publishing software (FrontPage, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- You can use the IP address to view your new web site before it goes live. You can view the website to ensure it is working properly by pointing your web browser to the url provided in your setup email. (for example: http://126.96.36.199/~USERNAME where 188.8.131.52 is replaced with the ip of your server).
- In the setup email there will be a pair of Name Servers . Update the domain name at your registrar (where you bought your domain) with the Name Servers. If your registrar doesn't provide an interface to accomplish this you should email your registrar or call them and tell them to update the domain name servers to those provided in the setup email.
- It can take 12-72 hours for DNS updates to fully propagate throughout the Internet. Once your website is uploaded to our servers you should update the nameservers to the ones listed in the setup email.
- If after 72 hours you still can't access your website using the domain name, do a whois query lookup on the domain to ensure the name servers are set to those provided in the welcome email. If they have not been updated yet please contact your registar to have them updated.
- Once the domain name has propagated fully you can begin using the domain name to access your website. You can now close the hosting account at your previous provider.
- You should ensure the domain admin contact email address is active because an email will be sent to this address to approve the transfer. You can check this contact info is correct by doing a WHOIS query on the domain. If the email address is out of date or incorrect you should contact the company that currently hosts the domain and have the email address updated before starting the transfer process.
- You can begin the transfer process by clicking here
and selecting 'Transfer Domain'
- When you transfer your domain name to us we will add an extra 12 months to the current expiration date.
- Once the transfer has been processed you will receive an authorisation email the losing registrar and us (the gaining registrar). After approving both emails wait approximately 5-7 days for the whole process to complete. If the transfer fails please contact your registrar to make sure the domain status is not locked.
Please click here to see a step by step guide to the domain transfer process