The steps below describe the transfer process for the .com and .net domain types, for .ie domains please click here
Before you transfer your domain please ensure that:
- If your domain is recently registered, you must wait 60 days before applying for transfer.
- Your domain name is not locked (clienttransferprohibited) - the status must be 'ok' .
1. You apply to transfer a domain. A confirmation email will be sent to the domain admin email account. The domain transfer codes (EPP codes) are then emailed from the both domain registrars and should be sent to us for processing.
2. The system attempts to retrieve the admin contact email address for your domain name, it then sends the first authorisation email to this address.
3. The first authorisation email must be approved by you within 5 days, you approve the transfer by following the instructions in the email.
4. If you approve the authorisation email but your domain name status is locked or suspended for non-payment the transfer will fail.
5. If your domain name status is unlocked(OK) or Active then the transfer process proceeds.
6. The losing registrar sends a second authorisation email. You may cancel the transfer at any stage. If you proceed, the transfer must be completed within 7 days according to ICANN transfer rules.
7. If the losing registrar sends you instructions on approving the transfer then you should follow these.